Review on Rimmel's Wake me up foundation

Sunday 24 November 2013


I thought i'd give you guys a quick review, I know that the Rimmel wake me up foundation isn't exactly new, however, coming from a girl who has always tried to steer of foundation, and usually sticks to tinted moisturises, I have found the colder months are not being kind to my skin and unfortunately my beloved clarins tinted moisturiser just wont make the cut anymore. Therefore I hope some of you might find this useful if your looking to change your foundation, now that we are in the colder months!

So, I had heard great things about this foundation and I wanted something that was natural looking as I'm not a great fan of looking like an orange (if you know what I mean). I picked this up from my nearest Boots for £8.99 which I think is fairly reasonable, In my opinion foundation is the one thing you should invest in, as cheap ones can often wreck your skin, so as this is a drug store product I did have my quires to begin with....

The foundation comes in six shades, as I am quite fair, I went for the lightest shade which is ivory, I have to say it is a perfect match for me. The coverage is good, it is quite light and I used about 2 pumps on my whole face. As for the shimmer I found it just leaves your face with a nice glow rather than being sparkly! I usually have quite oily skin but in the winter I tend to get some dry patches and thankfully this foundation doesn't cling! Overall I'd say this was a very good alternative to your high end foundations, is it better than Mac, or Bobbi brown? hmmm... probably not, however I think it could certainly give them a run for their money!

anyone else tried it?

Olivia Grace x





2 comments:

  1. I'm always on the lookout for a great drugstore foundation, so I may have to try this one out. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's definitely worth trying! And thank you! X

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground